Geo desktop: Sync timesheets with Xero
Got some timesheets already on Xero? Don’t start over on Geo. Now you can bring over your existing timesheets from Xero to Geo and manage your entries across both.
When you connect your Xero account to Geo select the toggle Timesheet to sync your account and bring over your existing entries from Xero.
An important thing to note is that syncing your Xero timesheets will also bring over your Earning Rates from Xero. This means any Timer Types you have set up in Geo will be replaced by these, so make sure you’re absolutely sure you want to sync your timesheets from Xero before proceeding.
The timesheet tab
Once you’re integrated with Xero you’ll now see a Timesheets tab in the Settings of Geo.
In this tab you can:
- See your Xero Earning Rates that have been imported from Xero.
- Set your default Timer Type and select a Xero Earning Rate to attach to clock in-out timer type.
- Manually sync your Earning Rates from Xero using the menu in the top right-hand corner.
- View if any Staff have not been matched to any of your Xero employees. To successfully sync Staff members with your Xero employees you will need to match by first name, last name and email address on Xero. Changes will then appear on the next sync.
Changes to the Timesheet page on the main menu
Once you integrate your Xero timesheets to Geo you’ll notice some slight changes on the Timesheets page.
- In the top right-hand corner of the page, you can manually sync timesheets with Xero from the icon Sync Xero.
- In the top left-hand corner, you can see the last sync that was done with Xero.
- If a sync fails you’ll be notified on this page, along with the reason for the failure.